Skip to main content

My Projects

Some of my latest products are listed below:
1. Knitted Phone covers and wallets, all sold.
 






2. Bilum.
My Bilum journey began in my primary days. I remember going to the old garden blocks during holiday breaks with my mother to cut bush vines.

We would then proceed to the river where the cleaning process takes place. The cleaning process is pretty hard. 

Then we would dry them under the sun for a day or two.

Then weaving process would begin. With selecting a style to the size of the bilum (bag). 

It's been a long journey. Along the way, I lost touch with bush vines due to being in the city and gotten used to the fibre and nylon ropes sold in Chinese stores. 

Most of my Bilums were given away as gifts. Currently I have three bilums to complete.

Finally, every where you go in our beautiful country Papua New Guine, you get to see the increase in the usage of traditional Papua New Guinea bilum.  We take pride in our bilum and are ready to teach our daughters how to make bilum.

The journey continuous, hope to hear of your Bilum journey too.

Contact me on email: myrosesdiary@gmail.com



Thankyou
Myrosesdiary 




Comments