Skip to main content

Simple Sago Porridge Recipe

Welcome back!!

Its Mothers Day today (sunday 09th May 2021) and I'm missing my mothers already.

Beautiful and kind mamas who've been part of my earthy life. I thank God for them everyday.

My mothers taught me how to cook different local dishes on open fire, copper dish, pot, clay pot, bamboo leaves and bamboo. They taught me how to bake, make pizza, cook in ground oven (mumu), bake cake and bread over hot stone, roast chicken on hot stone and other kitchen stuff. I'm fully loaded, hahaha!!

Well not just my mamas but I have friends who've been sharing their local recipe with me hence this one I'm going to share is from a friend who's also my workmate and she is from an island Province of Papua New Guinea.

I call it Sago Porridge. It's very easy to prepare for breakfast. They make the best porridge. In my case today, it's simply the basics.

I bought this Sago from the local market at k5.00 and 2 dry coconuts for k1.00 each.


Preparation for 4 people:

1️⃣Scrape the 2 coconuts
2️⃣Shift the Sago with hand
3️⃣Prepare a fry pan
4️⃣Prepare a small pot

Steps:

1️⃣Squeeze the coconut milk by adding 2cups water. Strain the grain and pour the cream into the pot. Let it boil for 5 minutes.










2️⃣shift the Sago into the fry pan and cook on low heat by stirring continuously with a fork. The Sago should turn into crumbs.







3️⃣Then pour the Sago crumbs into the boiling coconut cream and continue stirring until it becomes sticky.




4️⃣When ready, serve with whatever veges you have prepared ahead.

Note:
I did not add any spice cos its already delicious with the coconut cream.

I like to have it with chicken breast but my friend suggested smoked fish. It doesn't matter what you have with. The porridge will always be delicious.

Thankyou for reading.

xox 
Rosesdiary


Comments