Skip to main content

Faith in Trouble

Faith in trouble is the topic I chose for this post. It's not about your faith being in trouble but how you can use your Faith when you are in trouble.
Sometimes you wonder why life is not fair to you. You feel that your friends are doing better than you or that you can never measure up to their expectations. 
Maybe your marriage is at the point of breakdown and you don't know how to deal with it.
The house you planned to buy five years ago haven't materialised.
Your savings box is getting empty due to family obligations. Your health is failing because you have diverted the health funds to pay your mortgage. The promotion you've been dreaming about has been given to a colleague.

As a matter of fact, life has its peaks and valleys. Sometimes you feel that you are up on the mountain top and the next you are way down at the valley. You sing praises all day long and the next you are so depressed. You are not alone.

I personally believe that you've got to have faith, with a positive attitude towards the situation that faces you. 
Believe in the ability you have in you to overcome and  by the grace and Faith that was given to you by your maker.

I am proud to say I had a share of my peaks and valleys. Sometimes I would be up there on the mountain top of praise and happiness and suddenly find myself in the valley of worries. I'd question myself why this was happening to me. 
Somehow, I always found the grace to stay positive through out. I've learnt from this and have moved on.

Below are three steps I believe have helped me walk through this recovery journey, and I hope will work for you too.

FAITH IN GOD
You may wonder why this has to be the first? Well, as a Christian, I couldn't think of any other way than this.

God is the only one who seemed to know every aspect of my life from beginning to end. A believer or not, you have got to believe in some powers higher than yourself. In our society, instead of believing in the creator, we place our belief in the wrong place,
the creation.

For example, when a mother passes on suddenly without any cause of death, the first person we contact is the 
"Glassman" or "wizard" who would show up with a bottle of water and some bush leaves to tell you that your neighbor was the cause of your mother's death, and every one would believe that and start causing trouble. 
Glassman or wizard will never solve your problem. 
Your Faith in God will save you. 

What is Faith then?
To have Faith is having a complete assurance that God your father the creator of heaven and earth who formed you beautifully knows how to solve your problem. Let go of unbelief and let God deal with your problems.

BE POSITIVE
It's not easy to stay positive in a tough situation. But you can Make up your mind that whatever happens, you will remain positive.
You are too blessed to be negative. You can get over this. PRAY about it. Speak positive words over your life. Apply God's word over your situation daily. Talk to people you trust who can help you. Do not be afraid. Fear is the killer of all positive thinking. Find peace with yourself.

BE GRATEFUL
How can you be grateful and thankful in a bad situation? 
It is the choice you make to be grateful or be miserable. 
Being grateful for the little you have is a pathway to receiving what you are seeking for. Being grateful for the slow process of healing will see you completely healed. 
Being grateful for a wrong relationship will lead you to a good relationship. Will help you connect with the right people.
Just be grateful everyday. It's a slow death to be gloomy all the time. 
"Gratitude is an
attitude". 
Reflect that attitude and you are on the way to a full recovery.

To conclude:
I pray that you will find the courage to be strong in your Faith and be grateful in whatever situation you are in.

In my next post, I'll be sharing part two of "Faith in Trouble"

But If you have any tips to add to this post,  please let me know in the comment below. And if you have enjoyed reading this post, I'd be more grateful if you help it spread. 

With Love
Rosesdiary

Comments