Skip to main content

Green Bananas and health benefits

After harvesting this banana from the backyard I decided to write down some of its health benefits.

Banana tree from the backyard garden.

Since I stopped eating both white and brown rice in October 2017, I made garden foods my staple food and bananas turned out to be one of them.

Currently I have different species of bananas planted at my backyard garden. 

Well these green Bananas are just amazing and full of so many health benefits.

So when you next eat green bananas, remember the following health benefits. Listed below are the 3 main benefits noticed in my body.

Fibre:
Smooth bowel movement.  The reason for this is because greens bananas are full of fibre. They have an excellent source of fibre. Fibre plays an important role in ensuring digestive health as well as heart 
health. Fibre adds bulk to the stool and facilitates smooth digestion.

Detox and gut health:
Bananas have antiviral properties that can promote healthy gut and the fibre to support daily detoxification by sweeping the intestines clean.

Weight Loss:
I've been eating green Bananas for breakfast in the past 2 weeks and have seen changes around my waiste line. I believe bananas can keep you full and help curb cravings for junk food. 
Junk foods and sweeteners are the biggest obstacle to weight loss. So if you are thinking of weight loss, you should monitor your food intake and change to a healthier diet.

Traditionally there are many ways of cooking the green Bananas.

1. Bananas can be boiled with skin

2. Bananas can be peeled and boiled with water

3. Bananas can be peeled and creamed with coconut milk.

4. Bananas can be cooked with skin over open fire. 

5. Bananas can be peeled, sliced and fried over oil as chips. 

6.bananas can be peeled and creamed with coconut milk in Clay pot on open fire.

Whatever methods you use to cook bananas, they taste better in every way. 

Some think green bananas are tasteless, but have you really tried eating them yet? 

Challenge yourself to eat bananas instead of white bread in the morning, you won't regret it.

So like I said, green bananas have been a part of my diet including other garden foods. 

In my next post, I'll share on my other lists of foods on my diet. It's interesting to keep a track of what you eat every day. 
As the saying goes,
'you are what you eat'

Thank you 
myrosesdiary

Related:




Backyard Banana

Green banana






Comments